WHAT IS UNFAIR DISMISSAL ?
A dismissal may be considered to be unfair for a wide variety of reasons including the following:
- your employer has no valid reason for dismissing you.
- your employer was unhappy with your performance but did not warn you before dismissal.
- your employer did not give you a proper opportunity to improve before dismissing you.
- your employer dismissed you without giving you an opportunity to respond.
- your employer over reacted and dismissed you when a warning would have been sufficient.
- your employer treated you so badly that you felt forced to resign.
- you were made redundant but someone else is doing your work.
- you were made redundant without being offered a suitable alternative vacancy.
- you were made redundant without prior consultation.